Email Verifier Verification Checks
- Syntax Check - this check makes sure that the email address contains proper syntax, this check assumes that the verifier is being used to verify third part email addresses, so addresses such as foo@bar which are valid, will fail this check.
- DNS/MX Record Check - This check makes sure that the domain specified is a valid registered domain, and specified an MX record. MX records are special types of DNS records that tell you what IP address to send email to.
- Top Level Domain Check - Checks to see if the top level domain (eg .com) is valid This is a passive method, using a list of valid TLD's Checks over 250 valid TLD's and country codes.
- Mail Server Check - this check actually connects to a mail server for the domain of the email address, and asks the mail server if it accepts mail for the specified address. This check is not 100% deterministic because many mail servers will say that all addresses are valid (to prevent dictionary lookups).
Email Verifier Features
- 100% Java - you can use the tool in any java project, we also support use with ColdFusion CFML files, PHP, and JSP.
- Email Parsing - also gives you methods to get the user or domain portion of an email
- Pick and choose which verification algorithms - you can pick and choose which validation methods you want to use to verify your addresses, you may not want to use the mail server check for instance because it can cause a time delay (connecting to slow mail servers)
Email Verifier Product Info
Choose Your Language: